Dental Crowns and bridges are forms of restorative dentistry. A dental crown is a restoration that covers a tooth in order to strengthen it as well as restore it to its normal shape and size. A crown can make the tooth stronger or improve the way it looks. Dental Crowns are an excellent solution to restore a smile.
Following circumstances you may need a dental crowns
• A tooth has sustained significant damage due to decay or injury
• You have a cavity that is too large for a filling
• Following the completion of root canal therapy
• For restoration of dental implants
• As protection to prevent a weak tooth from breaking
• To hold a cracked tooth together
Over time, your teeth begin to weaken. This leaves them more susceptible to problems such as decay, discoloration, or cracks. Dental crowns can restore the appearance and function of a tooth that suffers from any or all of these issues.
Dental crown or Dental bridge can be one of following types:
•E-max/ Empress crowns
•Tilite/DLMS (using CAD CAM technology)
•Porcelain fused to metal (PFM)
Each of this crown material has specific purpose and they come with different warranty of 5, 10 and 15 years. We are known to use best laboratory material and equipment using CAD CAM technology and digital dentistry.